Ambassador - Sustainable Cleaning
Environmental & Sustainability Statement
Ambassador Property Services Pty Ltd take environmental responsibility seriously. We see green cleaning as an important value-add, minimising environmental impacts, ensuring longevity for the industry and enhancing client environmental performance and relations.
We view sustainable cleaning as much more than just using biodegradable chemicals, it requires the investigation of all activities, products and services in a bid to affect behavioural change internally and externally without compromising quality.
Our environmental management system complies with the requirements of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and is documented as part of our online Integrated Management System.
Environmental Initiatives we actively apply in our business operations include:
- Use of environmentally friendly chemicals and products
- Minimise use of water, artificial lighting and energy at our clients’ premises
- Supporting our clients achieve their sustainability objectives
Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Chemicals & Products
- Chemicals such as detergents that are biodegradable, phosphate free and have been manufactured under the Green Power stamp of approval and sourced from reputable suppliers
- Use of rubbish bags and bin liners that are 100% biodegradable
Paper products such paper hand towels and toilet rolls that are 100% biodegradable and made from 100% recycled paper
Ambassador focuses on a practical environmental training program that enables each of our employees to make a difference on a daily basis. Right from induction and during our service deliveries, we train our employees to be proactive:
- Where possible minimize the use of artificial lighting whilst cleaning during outside client’s normal business hours which helps achieve real on site savings for our clients;
- As practicably possible, minimize water consumption particularly hot water during the cleaning process, to help our Clients achieve real on site savings in the consumption of water and energy;
- Assist our Client’s achieve their sustainability objectives by separating and recovering items of rubbish that are recyclable (plastic, paper and glass) and ensuring these are appropriately placed in recycling collection bins on site.
At Ambassador we engage with reputable product suppliers we believe have a high level of ethical and responsible business practices that support our sustainability goals, ensuring that the cleaning products and materials we use are sourced and manufactured with an emphasis on environmentally sound principles.
Ambassador fully owns its head office building which is centrally located in North Melbourne on the edge of the CBD and easily accessed by public transport such trains and trams, which many of our head office staff use on a daily basis. We see this as a long term benefit to our employees and the environment.